Monday, July 25, 2011

initial response to seeing no self

this is what i wrote to several people, upon the initial seeing of no separate self.


there was no 'me' who made the body form in the mother's womb.
there is no 'me' who beats the heart, inhales and exhales the air, or holds this body down to the floor.
there is no 'me' who chooses when to fall asleep or wake up.
there is no 'me' who chose when to learn to talk or walk.
there is no 'me' who chose to prefer sex with women over men.
there is no 'me' who was given a talent to draw.
there is no 'me' who can be blamed for the eventual breakdown of the physical health that will lead to body death.
there is no 'me' who feared this physical death.
there is no 'me' who will break down the components of the body into the earth.
there is no 'me' who will escape the body and fly off to exist in heaven or hell.
there is no 'me' who moves the attention from thing to thing, thought to thought, experience to experience.
there is no 'me' who felt a pull toward finding 'me'.

nothing can be found that lasts in the experience of being and there is no 'me' that lasts outside the experience of being.
there is no 'me' to shift from personal identification with experiences to identification with universal life.
there is only life, sometimes imagining itself to be 'me'.

identification still happens in the experiencing, but there is nothing real being referred to when that happens. there is only the pattern of identification - a thought pattern. there is no separate self.

.

Spread this:
submit to reddit Share

5 comments:

Pat Bralley said...

And was anything found to be real?
I'm guessing you'll say Life is all there is. (But, I am usually wrong when I guess.)
Doesn't identification by definition require a me/ego. Perhaps I should ask for a definition of identification.
Better yet, perhaps I should just stop. :) Thinking, yah, yah.

Fierce Freedom said...

THIS is real. this is always real. this is all the reality there is. this breath. this blink of the eye. this beginning and ending, moment after moment. this is the emptiness. it is empty of self, and completely full of unending, impersonal movement.. change.. evolution.. unfolding..

identification is a thought pattern. thought is alive. it is taught and learned, without a teacher or a student. it consists of a me idea and an other idea. thought is alive and is as much THIS as sensation is THIS.

what is NOT ever findable, sense-able, see-able, taste-able or hear-able, is a me.

this experience, right now, is happening without a real separate you or me, and this has always been the case.

if one looks at their direct experience of being alive right now, this absence of self can be perceived clearly. don't bother thinking about it. just look.

Pat Bralley said...

What looks?
Can an "illusory me" look?
Can a "no-me" look?
Only awareness looks.
And awareness is just the word we put on That which no word can do justice.

That's what seen (when I look).
It makes me laugh inside. It's so silly. And also strangely nauseating. Time to be quiet now. :)

Fierce Freedom said...

Yes, Pat. Yes.

I'd just add that 'awareness' is no more important as a word than any other word.

No words can ever come close to fully describing this, because words are a fleeting part of this, and nothing more.

That's why the looking or sensing or feeling or whatever we call it, is the key, so to speak. There is a possible action of perceiving the absence of self.

THIS IS, but no me is found.

And yes, it's silly. But it's fun to play with. And it seems no less meaningful than any other action to try to help point other seekers toward seeing it.

What else is there to do?

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your fiercefreetrue.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

Freedom Blogroll

GChat Freedom

Twitter

About Me

My Photo
Fierce Freedom

Make the lie big,
make it simple,
keep saying it,
and eventually they will believe it.

. . Adolph Hitler

Why are you unhappy?
Because 99.9 per cent
Of everything you think,
And of everything you do,
Is for yourself —
And there isn't one.

. . Wei Wu Wei

To write something and leave it behind us,
It is but a dream.
When we awake we know There is not even anyone to read it.

. . Ikkyu
View my complete profile

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.